Hemus 2022: Modernization of The Bulgarian Armed Forces
Nine Priority Projects for The Modernization of The Bulgarian Armed Forces
At a press conference of the Minister of Defense, Dragomir Zakov, held on March 29, at which the Minister presented his team and priorities in his work, in response to journalist‘s question nine priority projects that will be leading in the modernization of the Bulgarian Armed Forced from now on have been outlined.
Along with the implementation of the project for the acquisition of a new type of fighter aircraft, it is about:
- gradual acquisition of combat equipment for establishing of a battalion combat group within the mechanized brigade;
- development of artillery support capabilities;
- acquisition of 3D radars;
- establishing of an air defense system for site and zone coverage;
- acquisition of unmanned aerial vehicles;
- acquisition of multi-purpose diesel electric submarines;
- acquisition of ammunition for the Navy;
- acquisition of coastal antimissile complexes;
- acquisition of field communication equipment.